Terms & Conditions
- THE OVERVIEW
The Kapital Members Lounge membership is not restricted to any particular industry or social circle. Approved members are chosen based on what they have to contribute to the lounge and its members. In other words, people with a story to tell are preferred. The Kapital Members Lounge shall be the haven of most influential business people as well as the elite decisions makers of all sectors within Tanzania and abroad. In order to preserve our unique ambience, members are required to adhere to our standards of conduct and in-house rules to safeguard our members and their interests too. These terms & conditions define a code of conduct to be observed by all members of the Kapital Members Lounge, regardless of each member’s ages, rank or seniority of membership. Also please note that at Kapital Members Lounge, privacy will always be the order of the day.
2. OUR VALUE STATEMENT AND PROMISE
“We are Responsive, Committed, Accountable and Act with Integrity” The Kapital Members Lounge commits to its members an establishment which is exclusive, discreet, sanctuary for those who value their lifestyle and enjoy the company of like – minded people. We shall ensure that everything we do is driven by our members’ needs and provide innovative solutions as and when possible.
At Kapital Members Lounge, we take pride in our work and have a passion for achievements for ourselves as well as our esteemed members. We do what is right legally and morally. Even when no one is looking, we want to be the best by providing the highest standard of service while respecting our members’ privacy and integrity.
3. CODE OF CONDUCT
The Company (Kapital Members Lounge) reserves the right to charge members an annual
subscription fee and for admission to the lounge from time to time. The right to exceptions,
waivers or amendment of any such fees is as per Kapital Member’s Lounge’s sole discretion.
- Confidentiality of Kapital Members Lounge’s information unless disclosure is required in
view of harm to self, harm to others, and/or financial or reputational risk
- Adhere to the organization’s policies and procedure.
- Guard the reputation of Kapital Members Lounge and build positive relationships internally
- Ensure that no personal benefit or conflict of interest arises from your actions.
- Be responsive and proactive in dealing with stakeholders.
- Foster the right environmental and create opportunities for comradeship.
- Your behavior and attitude should be in a manner that is consistent with Kapital Members
- Promote equality, respect and diversity without being discriminatory
- Kapital Members Lounge will strictly abide by the Tanzanian laws and regulations on the
sale of alcoholic beverages.
- Alcoholic beverages shall not be served or sold to any person not permitted to purchase
the same under such laws.
- Persons under the lawful drinking age (currently 18 years old) shall not be permitted at
the bar, lounge or smoking rooms.
- Members need to be over the age of 23 years.
- By completing and submitting our application form, you agree to be bound by the
- The membership committee shall meet periodically and approve applications of new
members depending on availability and other factors. The committee shall have sole discretion on approvals and disapprovals.
- You are free to withdraw your application at any time. Should wish to do so, please contact our membership team.
- If your membership application is approved, you will receive a confirmation via email
and a payment link.
- Your membership will commence from the date of receipt of your payment.
- Current members can propose and/or introduce new members but only after being a
member for at least 6 months. This can be done by emailing membership or referring
your proposed member or the proposed new member can also apply stating your name
on their application.
- Minimum membership is for a period is one year (twelve months).
- Membership is automatically renewed unless otherwise cancelled in writing by the
- Upon submitting your payment details, your membership fees for the first year will be
- It is within our discretion to amend our membership fees at any time, we will notify you
no less than 30 days prior to your renewal date.
- Failure to pay the annual subscription will result in the member not being admitted to the
Lounge and the membership being suspended. If payment is still not received after 30 days the
membership will be terminated.
- Membership can be cancelled within 14 days from the payment date and full refund will
be processed to the bank details provided by the member upon cancellation request. A
penalty fee would be subjected for any cancellation after the 14 days from payment
date. Cancellation approval depends on the duration and status of the membership.
- Should any member wish to terminate membership or part way through the year, Kapital
needs to be notified in writing. However the membership fee is non-refundable.
- Members will be asked to present membership cards in order to open a tab at a table or at
- No member is allowed to let any non-member use his/her membership card to access the
Lounge. Any non-member will be denied access to or removed from the Lounge and the
member whose card is used may face suspension or termination of their own membership.
- Please notify us immediately if your card is lost or stolen so a replacement can be processed any non-member cannot misuse it.
Membership may be suspended at the discretion of the Kapital Management if a member:
- Submits false information of the membership application form that, it had truthfully disclosed in advance, would have rendered the applicant being ineligible.
- Permits the unauthorized use of a member’s membership card or privileges
- Treats the personnel of the Lounge in an unreasonable or abusive manner
- Fails to accompany his own guest as is required by the Lounge
- Engage in conduct that is improper or likely to endanger the welfare, safety, harmony or
reputation of the Lounge and/ or its member(s).
- Uses or carries firearms and any other types of weapons at the Lounge premises at any
6. DAMAGE OR LOSS OF PROPERTY & PERSONAL INJURY
Membership may be suspended at the discretion of the Kapital Management if a member:
- Furniture or any other property of the Lounge shall neither be removed for moved without
explicit authorization from Kapital management.
- Each member will liable for any property damage or injury to any person(s) at the Lounge,
induced by himself or by any guests whom he/she introduces to the premises and/or meets
at the Kapital premises.
- The cost of any damage shall be charged to that member’s account, of which non-payment
may lead to suspension, termination, disciplinary and/or legal action as deemed most appropriate by the Kapital Management.
- Should any Member decide to bring a law suite against the Kapital Members Lounge for
any claim, and subsequently fail to obtain judgment thereon against the Lounge, the member shall be liable to Kapital Members Lounge for all costs and expenses incurred by Kapital
Members Lounge in the defense of such suit, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and any
- Members are permitted to bring up to two guest with them to the Lounge when arriving
without a reservation
- Should a member have more than 2 guests, the establishment reserved the right to charge
250,000 TZS per additional member.
- The additional member charge will be discounted from the members’ total bill on such day.
- Members may not allow their guest to remain when they leave.
- Members are responsible for ensuring their guests follow all Kapital Lounge Rules and policies and can face suspension or termination of their membership should their guest violate
any rules, regulations or policies.
8. PRIVACY, CONFIDENTIALITY & DISTURBANCE
- Members and their guests may not disturb or solicit other members or their guests at the
Lounge whom they are not acquainted with.
- Camera may be used within the Lounge for taking photos of yourself and your guests.
However members must not take images of other members or their guests without their
- Movies, videos, songs, presentations and all other audio must only be played through headphones and should not be audible to any other member or guest present.
- Laptops and tables are not to be used at the Lounge after 6pm.
- To protect our convivial atmosphere we request members and their guest(s) to be respectful in their phone usage. Texting is permitted throughout and calls may be taken outside in
the parking lot.
- The club operates a strict no press policy. Members will be held accountable if they or their
guests disclose or identify any other members or guests who are at the Lounge in the public domain, whether in any press or social media (including personal blogs).
- Kapital management, staff as well as members are required to adhere to the strictest confidentiality standards and pledge to maintain all records and personal information concerning
the members and their guests in the strictest confidence.
9. DRUGS & ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES
- The Club has a strict zero tolerance policy to drug use.
- No members or guest shall purchase, use, ingest, posses, sell or distribute illegal drugs or
attempts any of the above on the premises.
- If any member or guest is proven to have violated any of the above rule(s), the member will
immediately have their membership terminated and their details may be passed to the legal
- All bills must be settled in full before leaving the Lounge as there are no credit facilities.
- Members are responsible for their guests’ bills if they are not paid.
- The establishment will be a cashless environment, member cards will be used for payments.
11. FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Any outside food or beverage are prohibited to be brought on to the premises unless medically necessary.
- Members may only bring food, beverage or tobacco which the establishment may not keep
in stock, in such case a corkage fee will be applicable according to the items value. This applies to cakes as well.
- Animals are only permitted in the Lounge during specific times and by prior arrangement
except for legally recognizing and certified assistances dogs.
- Otherwise strictly no animals will be allowed in the venue at any time.
13. DISCIPLINARY PROCERURE
- Misconduct by a member or guest that is prejudicial to the reputation of Kapital Members
Lounge may result in the expulsion of such member or guest. An expelled member may not
return to the Lounge as a guest.
- All items brought into the Lounge are brought and left entirely at the risk of the member or
- Kapital Members Lounge, its management, staff, members and/or agents will not be liable
to any member or guests for any loss, damage or injury suffered by them or their property
whatsoever caused, save in respect of death or personal injury to a member or guest to the
extent caused. This is not intended to affect any mandatory rights a member or guest may
have under local law that we cannot legally restrict or exclude.
15. AMMENDMENTS TO RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
Kapital Members Lounge may change the house rules from time to time without notice to
the members. A copy of terms & conditions shall be available on Kapital’s official website at